May 18 2013 Latest news:
Friday, August 10, 2012
Transfer news: Alvaro Pereira is a long-term target for Chelsea
Alvaro Pereira has been involved in a training ground fight at his club Porto, fuelling speculation that he is unsettled by reported interest from Chelsea.
The 26-year old Uruguay international was a target for former Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas and Roberto Di Matteo is reportedly also a fan.
Porto manager Vitor Pereira confirmed the heated altercation between the wing-back and teammate Kleber but tried to play down its significance.
“We work at the limit of aggression, to win every training exercise,” Vitor Pereira told O Jogo.
“This profession is very demanding, the media exposure is great and stress levels are high.
“It’s something that has happened this time, it doesn’t happen a lot, but it will happen again. I think it happens at other clubs too.”
Alvaro Pereira was reportedly absent from training the following day, with his manager claiming it was down to “personal reasons”.
Earlier this week, Alvaro Pereira’s agent Flavio Perchman confirmed that the club are expecting offers for his client.
“We think everything will go well and that he can leave the club, but right now we do not have any concrete offer,” he said.
“I spoke with Alvaro last week and he is calm. We are just waiting for an offer.”