Search

Daggers extend Obileye loan

PUBLISHED: 16:55 15 December 2014 | UPDATED: 16:55 15 December 2014

Ayo Obileye of Dagenham & Redbridge applauds the fans at the end of the game against Carlisle United (pic:Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO).

Ayo Obileye of Dagenham & Redbridge applauds the fans at the end of the game against Carlisle United (pic:Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO).

Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO c/o 27 Plaiters Way, Braintree, Essex, CM7 3LR - Editorial Use ONLY - FA Premier League and Football Leagu

Youngster will remain with club until New Year

Dagenham & Redbridge have extended the loan of Charlton Athletic youngster Ayo Obileye until January 3.

The 20-year-old moved to Victoria Road on a month’s deal on November 15 and made his debut as a substitute against AFC Wimbledon the same day.

The former Sheffield Wednesday youngster has made three starts since then, the most recent in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Tranmere Rovers.

He starred in the 2-0 victory against Bury on November 29, assisting the first goal for Alex Jakubiak and performing excellently throughout.

Obileye has become a regular in Wayne Burnett’s side and helped the Daggers boss implement a new formation, which includes three central defenders in the starting team.

That new tactic coincided with the Victoria Road outfit enjoying an upturn in results with Scott Doe and Brian Saah alongside the youngster in defence.

He will now remain with the club until the New Year and be available for matches against Plymouth, Stevenage, Southend and Bury over the next three weeks.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Barking and Dagenham Post visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Barking and Dagenham Post staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Barking and Dagenham Post account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Latest Barking and Dagenham Sports News

17:00

The latest news from the Toshi Kazoku Judokwai club

16:00

Barking will be looking to bounce back after a miserable start to 2018 in the Bostik North as they face Hornchurch.

12:00

May & Baker under-10s continued their fine form as they picked up a 30-15 victory against rivals Upminster.

10:00

Dagenham & Redbridge captain Scott Doe was left disappointed with his side’s 2-1 defeat to Sutton United.

09:00

Dagenham cruiserweight Robin Dupre has a scary new trainer who he says will bring out the best in him, writes Matthew Bozeat.

Yesterday, 16:00

Youngster part of 12-man roster for April’s event

Yesterday, 13:00

Barking manager Justin Gardner believes their disaster of a trip up to Sudbury cost them as they suffered a 3-1 defeat.

Hammers centre half James Collins says he has heard nothing from the club about a new contract

PROMOTED CONTENT

The festive season is a hectic time for many, with frenzied dashes to the shops for groceries and gifts, and parties to arrange and attend.

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most read sport

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Barking and Dagenham Post
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now