Barking museum kicks off spring with fun day
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 people gathered to share their stories of the Gascoigne estate to kick off the spring season at the Open Estate Living museum on Saturday.
Visitors had the opportunity to tell their tales through an object or possession, as well as having some fun creating clay models, drawings and maps of the area at the pop up venue in Spring Parade, Barking.
The artwork was made on the day will be part of the final festival at the museum which will showcase the estate’s heritage and culture later this year.
Steve Lawes, Open Estate trainee project officer, said: “We had a great day.
“People shared their stories, photos of objects and signed up to take part in historical interviews.
You may also want to watch:
“All of this adds to the project and legacy of the estate, ensuring that people’s memories will live on after the buildings have gone.”
The museum is open on Tuesdays and most Saturdays.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham