Eastside Community Heritage offering traineeship worth £15k to young person from the Gascoigne Estate
- Credit: Judith Garfield
Eastside Community Heritage are offering a traineeship worth £15,000 to a young person living on the Gascoigne Estate, but first need to crowdfund the money for the wages.
Eastside Community Heritage are a history and arts organisation and they are looking for a trainee to help with interviewing, research, design, website development, community outreach, school workshops, talks and fundraising.
The trainee, must be between the ages of 18 and 25, will get an NVQ accredited qualification in Cultural Heritage.
Former trainees have gone on to jobs in museums, archives and heritage projects.
Judith Garfield, who is organising the scheme, said: “We think it is important to provide opportunities to that estate.”
You may also want to watch:
Whilst the group has previously won funding to pay the wages of its ten previous trainees, this time round they are having to appeal for donations to help pay the wages. They have currently raised £1,435 towards their target.
Visit http://bit.ly/2BTmyx0 to donate.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport