Eastside Community Heritage offering traineeship worth £15k to young person from the Gascoigne Estate
- Credit: Judith Garfield
Eastside Community Heritage are offering a traineeship worth £15,000 to a young person living on the Gascoigne Estate, but first need to crowdfund the money for the wages.
Eastside Community Heritage are a history and arts organisation and they are looking for a trainee to help with interviewing, research, design, website development, community outreach, school workshops, talks and fundraising.
The trainee, must be between the ages of 18 and 25, will get an NVQ accredited qualification in Cultural Heritage.
Former trainees have gone on to jobs in museums, archives and heritage projects.
Judith Garfield, who is organising the scheme, said: “We think it is important to provide opportunities to that estate.”
You may also want to watch:
Whilst the group has previously won funding to pay the wages of its ten previous trainees, this time round they are having to appeal for donations to help pay the wages. They have currently raised £1,435 towards their target.
Visit http://bit.ly/2BTmyx0 to donate.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'