Ford fans get rare glimpse of Dagenham classic car collection
- Credit: Spencer Griffiths
A group of lucky Ford lovers have taken a unique trip down automobile memory lane.
Cortinas, Mustangs, GTs and Model-Ts were all on view at Dagenham’s Ford Heritage Centre during an exclusive open day on Sunday.
Usually closed to the public, 20 competition winners from across the country won the chance to get up close and personal with some of the most iconic cars of the 20th century – and the only brand-new GT in the UK.
The event was organised by car magazine Motoring Research in partnership with the heritage centre.
Managing editor Tim Pitt, 37, was delighted to see so many smiling faces.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s normally off-limits so it was very nice of Ford to offer this,” he said.
“Everyone had a really good time and it was really nice to offer this to genuine Ford enthusiasts.”
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper