Ford fans get rare glimpse of Dagenham classic car collection
- Credit: Spencer Griffiths
A group of lucky Ford lovers have taken a unique trip down automobile memory lane.
Cortinas, Mustangs, GTs and Model-Ts were all on view at Dagenham’s Ford Heritage Centre during an exclusive open day on Sunday.
Usually closed to the public, 20 competition winners from across the country won the chance to get up close and personal with some of the most iconic cars of the 20th century – and the only brand-new GT in the UK.
The event was organised by car magazine Motoring Research in partnership with the heritage centre.
Managing editor Tim Pitt, 37, was delighted to see so many smiling faces.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s normally off-limits so it was very nice of Ford to offer this,” he said.
“Everyone had a really good time and it was really nice to offer this to genuine Ford enthusiasts.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year