Ford fans get rare glimpse of Dagenham classic car collection
- Credit: Spencer Griffiths
A group of lucky Ford lovers have taken a unique trip down automobile memory lane.
Cortinas, Mustangs, GTs and Model-Ts were all on view at Dagenham’s Ford Heritage Centre during an exclusive open day on Sunday.
Usually closed to the public, 20 competition winners from across the country won the chance to get up close and personal with some of the most iconic cars of the 20th century – and the only brand-new GT in the UK.
The event was organised by car magazine Motoring Research in partnership with the heritage centre.
Managing editor Tim Pitt, 37, was delighted to see so many smiling faces.
“It’s normally off-limits so it was very nice of Ford to offer this,” he said.
“Everyone had a really good time and it was really nice to offer this to genuine Ford enthusiasts.”
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today