Ford fans get rare glimpse of Dagenham classic car collection
- Credit: Spencer Griffiths
A group of lucky Ford lovers have taken a unique trip down automobile memory lane.
Cortinas, Mustangs, GTs and Model-Ts were all on view at Dagenham’s Ford Heritage Centre during an exclusive open day on Sunday.
Usually closed to the public, 20 competition winners from across the country won the chance to get up close and personal with some of the most iconic cars of the 20th century – and the only brand-new GT in the UK.
The event was organised by car magazine Motoring Research in partnership with the heritage centre.
Managing editor Tim Pitt, 37, was delighted to see so many smiling faces.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s normally off-limits so it was very nice of Ford to offer this,” he said.
“Everyone had a really good time and it was really nice to offer this to genuine Ford enthusiasts.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer