Heritage bus tour takes in Barking and Dagenham sites
- Credit: Archant
A bus journey with a difference included visits to heritage buildings in Barking and Dagenham.
Discover Me welcomed residents for a tour in a vintage Routemaster, which took in an array of landmark buildings across east London and Essex.
They included Valence House, in Dagenham, Eastbury Manor House, in Barking, Upminster Windmill and the Thames Chase Forest Centre, both in Upminster, and Essex’s Tilbury Fort.
Co-ordinator Gemma Smith said: “The tour was a fun way to highlight just a few of the many fantastic sites to visit locally.
“With the use of the website you can plan a great family day out.”
You may also want to watch:
Discover Me was formed in 2013 and launched its website in May this year after receiving a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The money has also enabled the group to share skills and organise events such as the bus tour.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 9 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 10 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
The 14 attractions all hail from Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Thurrock.