Heritage bus tour takes in Barking and Dagenham sites
- Credit: Archant
A bus journey with a difference included visits to heritage buildings in Barking and Dagenham.
Discover Me welcomed residents for a tour in a vintage Routemaster, which took in an array of landmark buildings across east London and Essex.
They included Valence House, in Dagenham, Eastbury Manor House, in Barking, Upminster Windmill and the Thames Chase Forest Centre, both in Upminster, and Essex’s Tilbury Fort.
Co-ordinator Gemma Smith said: “The tour was a fun way to highlight just a few of the many fantastic sites to visit locally.
“With the use of the website you can plan a great family day out.”
You may also want to watch:
Discover Me was formed in 2013 and launched its website in May this year after receiving a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The money has also enabled the group to share skills and organise events such as the bus tour.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
The 14 attractions all hail from Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Thurrock.