Jubilee: party entertains crowd at Dagenham & Redbridge
Patriotic residents staged a fun-packed Jubilee party at the home of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club.
Adventurous children jumped for joy on bouncy pogo sticks, rode BMX bikes and watched magic tricks courtesy of entertainer Daisie Doodle at Victoria Road on Monday.
Partygoers sheltered inside the club in Dagenham when the heavens opened then went back outside for a feast when the sun re-emerged.
Mum-of-four Pauline Perry, 46, of Dagenham Road, sported a bright Union Jack outfit.
She said: “I love these sorts of celebrations. It’s nice to see the community get together.
“It’s England. If it’s good enough for the Queen, it’s good enough for us if it’s wet.
“You’ve got to make the most of it and enjoy it.”
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
Doreen Norris, of Surrey Road, Dagenham, watched her grandsons Mason, six, and Dylan, eight, ride pogo sticks.
She said: “I’ve lived here for 38 years. It’s nice to see the community get together.”
Mum Vanessa Clayton, 40, attended the club’s party with her five-year-old son Stanley, plus another do in Basildon with relatives at the weekend.
She said: “It’s been great. It’s lovely to be able to have some time off and see friends and family.”
Her husband Barrie, 38, recalled a Silver Jubilee party in Ilford as a child.
He said: “It’s one of the things everyone remembers from their childhood.”