Jubilee: party entertains crowd at Dagenham & Redbridge
Patriotic residents staged a fun-packed Jubilee party at the home of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club.
Adventurous children jumped for joy on bouncy pogo sticks, rode BMX bikes and watched magic tricks courtesy of entertainer Daisie Doodle at Victoria Road on Monday.
Partygoers sheltered inside the club in Dagenham when the heavens opened then went back outside for a feast when the sun re-emerged.
Mum-of-four Pauline Perry, 46, of Dagenham Road, sported a bright Union Jack outfit.
She said: “I love these sorts of celebrations. It’s nice to see the community get together.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s England. If it’s good enough for the Queen, it’s good enough for us if it’s wet.
“You’ve got to make the most of it and enjoy it.”
- 1 Teenage girl raped by Dagenham man who locked her in his car
- 2 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 3 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 4 Stephen Port: Victims' inquests delayed until autumn by Covid
- 5 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children
- 6 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 7 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 8 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 9 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
Doreen Norris, of Surrey Road, Dagenham, watched her grandsons Mason, six, and Dylan, eight, ride pogo sticks.
She said: “I’ve lived here for 38 years. It’s nice to see the community get together.”
Mum Vanessa Clayton, 40, attended the club’s party with her five-year-old son Stanley, plus another do in Basildon with relatives at the weekend.
She said: “It’s been great. It’s lovely to be able to have some time off and see friends and family.”
Her husband Barrie, 38, recalled a Silver Jubilee party in Ilford as a child.
He said: “It’s one of the things everyone remembers from their childhood.”