Pictures of ‘Bygone Barking and Dagenham’ wanted
- Credit: Archant
Dig out your old photo albums! Root through the attic for those forgotten pictures! And send your shapshots into the post.
We want your old photos of Barking and Dagenham to showcase on our Facebook page and possibly make it into the paper.
A number of you have already responded to our appeal for pictures. Shown here are snaps of Ronnie Lee’s Newsagents in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, from circa 1950s to the present day.
The shop has been in the Lee family for 60 years and is now run by third and fourth generations of the family, Michael Lee and his son Jamie Lee.
These photographs were sent in by David Medcraft who has worked in the shop for the past four years. They are now featured on our Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
If you’ve got a classic shot of a local landmark, or even if you’re trying to trace someone in an old photo, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Please send your images in by post to: Barking and Dagenham Post, 539 High Road, Ilford, IG1 1UD.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham's Holocaust Memorial Day plans unveiled
- 8 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
If youre images are already in a digital format, you can email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, post them on our Facebook page or send them to us via @bdpost on Twitter using the hashtag #bygoneBD.
Feel free to contact us on 0208 477 3900 or via the email address above with any questions or queries.