Pictures of ‘Bygone Barking and Dagenham’ wanted
- Credit: Archant
Dig out your old photo albums! Root through the attic for those forgotten pictures! And send your shapshots into the post.
We want your old photos of Barking and Dagenham to showcase on our Facebook page and possibly make it into the paper.
A number of you have already responded to our appeal for pictures. Shown here are snaps of Ronnie Lee’s Newsagents in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, from circa 1950s to the present day.
The shop has been in the Lee family for 60 years and is now run by third and fourth generations of the family, Michael Lee and his son Jamie Lee.
These photographs were sent in by David Medcraft who has worked in the shop for the past four years. They are now featured on our Facebook page.
If you’ve got a classic shot of a local landmark, or even if you’re trying to trace someone in an old photo, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Please send your images in by post to: Barking and Dagenham Post, 539 High Road, Ilford, IG1 1UD.
- 1 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 2 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 3 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 4 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 5 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 6 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 9 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
If youre images are already in a digital format, you can email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, post them on our Facebook page or send them to us via @bdpost on Twitter using the hashtag #bygoneBD.
Feel free to contact us on 0208 477 3900 or via the email address above with any questions or queries.