Pictures of ‘Bygone Barking and Dagenham’ wanted
- Credit: Archant
Dig out your old photo albums! Root through the attic for those forgotten pictures! And send your shapshots into the post.
We want your old photos of Barking and Dagenham to showcase on our Facebook page and possibly make it into the paper.
A number of you have already responded to our appeal for pictures. Shown here are snaps of Ronnie Lee’s Newsagents in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, from circa 1950s to the present day.
The shop has been in the Lee family for 60 years and is now run by third and fourth generations of the family, Michael Lee and his son Jamie Lee.
These photographs were sent in by David Medcraft who has worked in the shop for the past four years. They are now featured on our Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
If you’ve got a classic shot of a local landmark, or even if you’re trying to trace someone in an old photo, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Please send your images in by post to: Barking and Dagenham Post, 539 High Road, Ilford, IG1 1UD.
- 1 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 2 Unattended candle causes Dagenham flat fire, brigade says
- 3 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 4 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
- 5 Leisure centres in Barking and Dagenham set to reopen
- 6 Student's design to adorn hoardings at Barking development
- 7 Two men arrested and two charged over death of Tomasz Waga from Dagenham
- 8 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 9 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 10 Barking return to action with a trip away to Frenford
If youre images are already in a digital format, you can email them to us at email@example.com, post them on our Facebook page or send them to us via @bdpost on Twitter using the hashtag #bygoneBD.
Feel free to contact us on 0208 477 3900 or via the email address above with any questions or queries.