Race to find operator for new ‘Hollywood’ film studios in Dagenham begins
- Credit: Archant
The race to find the operator for London’s largest film studios which will be built in Dagenham has been launched today.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council’s regeneration company, is inviting bids to run the first new TV and film production studios in the city for a quarter of a century.
A feasibility study estimates the 20-acre world-class facility, which is fit for Hollywood, will create 780 jobs and bring £35million to the national economy.
Councillor Darren Rodwell, leader of Barking and Dagenham Council, said: “We want a visionary partner to help us make the Made in Dagenham film studios fact not fiction.”
“We want these studios to be on a scale Steven Spielberg can be proud of, but more importantly we want them to benefit local people.
You may also want to watch:
“The winner of the bid doesn’t necessarily have to be big, but needs to think big.”
Formal tenders must be placed by March 16.
Visit dagenham-studios.com for more details.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 6 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows