Race to find operator for new ‘Hollywood’ film studios in Dagenham begins
- Credit: Archant
The race to find the operator for London’s largest film studios which will be built in Dagenham has been launched today.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council’s regeneration company, is inviting bids to run the first new TV and film production studios in the city for a quarter of a century.
A feasibility study estimates the 20-acre world-class facility, which is fit for Hollywood, will create 780 jobs and bring £35million to the national economy.
Councillor Darren Rodwell, leader of Barking and Dagenham Council, said: “We want a visionary partner to help us make the Made in Dagenham film studios fact not fiction.”
“We want these studios to be on a scale Steven Spielberg can be proud of, but more importantly we want them to benefit local people.
You may also want to watch:
“The winner of the bid doesn’t necessarily have to be big, but needs to think big.”
Formal tenders must be placed by March 16.
Visit dagenham-studios.com for more details.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 9 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning