Race to find operator for new ‘Hollywood’ film studios in Dagenham begins
- Credit: Archant
The race to find the operator for London’s largest film studios which will be built in Dagenham has been launched today.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council’s regeneration company, is inviting bids to run the first new TV and film production studios in the city for a quarter of a century.
A feasibility study estimates the 20-acre world-class facility, which is fit for Hollywood, will create 780 jobs and bring £35million to the national economy.
Councillor Darren Rodwell, leader of Barking and Dagenham Council, said: “We want a visionary partner to help us make the Made in Dagenham film studios fact not fiction.”
“We want these studios to be on a scale Steven Spielberg can be proud of, but more importantly we want them to benefit local people.
You may also want to watch:
“The winner of the bid doesn’t necessarily have to be big, but needs to think big.”
Formal tenders must be placed by March 16.
Visit dagenham-studios.com for more details.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault