Race to find operator for new ‘Hollywood’ film studios in Dagenham begins
- Credit: Archant
The race to find the operator for London’s largest film studios which will be built in Dagenham has been launched today.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council’s regeneration company, is inviting bids to run the first new TV and film production studios in the city for a quarter of a century.
A feasibility study estimates the 20-acre world-class facility, which is fit for Hollywood, will create 780 jobs and bring £35million to the national economy.
Councillor Darren Rodwell, leader of Barking and Dagenham Council, said: “We want a visionary partner to help us make the Made in Dagenham film studios fact not fiction.”
“We want these studios to be on a scale Steven Spielberg can be proud of, but more importantly we want them to benefit local people.
You may also want to watch:
“The winner of the bid doesn’t necessarily have to be big, but needs to think big.”
Formal tenders must be placed by March 16.
Visit dagenham-studios.com for more details.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home