TV ghost hunter to go on paranormal tour of Dagenham’s oldest house
A TV ghost hunter will host a paranormal tour on Friday night in an attempt to uncover evidence of spirits supposedly haunting the oldest house in Dagenham.
Ian Shillito, of TV show Most Haunted, will search the grounds of Valence House, which is said to be inhabited by 14th century murder victim Agnes de Valence and Victorian widow Eliza Luxmore.
Eliza, apparently a tiny elderly lady dressed in black, is said to have been sighted regularly since her death at the house in Becontree Avenue in 1913.
According to council records, Agnes de Valence died at Valence House in 1309 - though the oldest surviving parts of the building date back to the 1400s.
She was reportedly murdered on the lawns of the property and the dagger used to kill her dumped in the nearby moat in Valence Park.
The tour takes place on Friday (May 18) between 7pm and 9pm. Participants must be 18 or above. Tickets cost �15 and must be booked in advance. For more information, call 020 8227 2034.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products