Valence House in Dagenham to have history-themed family fun day
- Credit: LBBD
Valence House is to offer visitors the opportunity to experience life in different eras, from 2000BC to the present day.
Activities on the family fun day will include a stone age shamen, watching Roman soldiers in combat and learning about the World War II Home Guard.
Paul Hogan, Barking and Dagenham Council’s commissioning director for culture and recreation, said: “Valence Time Tunnel is a great way for us to kick off our summer of entertainment and the activities on offer will keep everyone entertained throughout the day.
“Barking and Dagenham are proud to be hosting another great Summer of Festivals programme and we look forward to welcoming thousands of people from both inside and outside the borough.”
The event takes place between 11am and 5pm on May 26 and May 27. There will be free parking.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, visit lbbd.gov.uk/summeroffestivals.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020