Valence House in Dagenham to have history-themed family fun day
- Credit: LBBD
Valence House is to offer visitors the opportunity to experience life in different eras, from 2000BC to the present day.
Activities on the family fun day will include a stone age shamen, watching Roman soldiers in combat and learning about the World War II Home Guard.
Paul Hogan, Barking and Dagenham Council’s commissioning director for culture and recreation, said: “Valence Time Tunnel is a great way for us to kick off our summer of entertainment and the activities on offer will keep everyone entertained throughout the day.
“Barking and Dagenham are proud to be hosting another great Summer of Festivals programme and we look forward to welcoming thousands of people from both inside and outside the borough.”
The event takes place between 11am and 5pm on May 26 and May 27. There will be free parking.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, visit lbbd.gov.uk/summeroffestivals.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 4 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 5 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 9 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 10 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion