Valence House in Dagenham to have history-themed family fun day
- Credit: LBBD
Valence House is to offer visitors the opportunity to experience life in different eras, from 2000BC to the present day.
Activities on the family fun day will include a stone age shamen, watching Roman soldiers in combat and learning about the World War II Home Guard.
Paul Hogan, Barking and Dagenham Council’s commissioning director for culture and recreation, said: “Valence Time Tunnel is a great way for us to kick off our summer of entertainment and the activities on offer will keep everyone entertained throughout the day.
“Barking and Dagenham are proud to be hosting another great Summer of Festivals programme and we look forward to welcoming thousands of people from both inside and outside the borough.”
The event takes place between 11am and 5pm on May 26 and May 27. There will be free parking.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, visit lbbd.gov.uk/summeroffestivals.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend