Valence House in Dagenham to have history-themed family fun day
- Credit: LBBD
Valence House is to offer visitors the opportunity to experience life in different eras, from 2000BC to the present day.
Activities on the family fun day will include a stone age shamen, watching Roman soldiers in combat and learning about the World War II Home Guard.
Paul Hogan, Barking and Dagenham Council’s commissioning director for culture and recreation, said: “Valence Time Tunnel is a great way for us to kick off our summer of entertainment and the activities on offer will keep everyone entertained throughout the day.
“Barking and Dagenham are proud to be hosting another great Summer of Festivals programme and we look forward to welcoming thousands of people from both inside and outside the borough.”
The event takes place between 11am and 5pm on May 26 and May 27. There will be free parking.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, visit lbbd.gov.uk/summeroffestivals.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Letter writing, Ramadan, Cats Protection, Islamophobia and Covid
- 10 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking