A teenager is the third person charged after a man was shot and stabbed in an ambush in Dagenham.

The boy was arrested by Metropolitan Police officers in Birmingham on Friday (May 17) in connection with the incident that took place on Whalebone Lane South on Thursday (May 2).

Officers were called at around 5.20pm that evening to reports of a man’s stabbing. Shortly after, the police received a second call from a member of public that said gunshots had been heard in the area.

London Ambulance Service attended alongside the police, and they found a 19-year-old man with stab injuries. He was rushed to the hospital where it was confirmed that he had been stabbed and shot.

Read More: Teen still fighting for life after being shot and stabbed in Dagenham ‘ambush’

He continues to fight for his life after more than two weeks of the attack.

Two teenagers, both 17, were earlier arrested in the Ashford area of Kent on Friday (May 10) and transferred to London for questioning. They were later charged with attempted murder and possession of a gun with intent to endanger life.

Both appeared at Barkingside Youth Court on Monday (May 13) and remanded in custody to next appear at the Old Bailey on Monday (June 10).

A third teenager, arrested on May 17, has also since been charged with attempted murder, possession of a gun with intent to endanger life, carrying a pointed/bladed article in public place and possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.

He will appear at Barkingside Youth Court next on Monday (May 20).

Five men and a woman, aged between 18 and 25 years old, were previously arrested on suspicion of attempted murder too. They have since been bailed pending further enquiries.

Detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command (Trident) continue to investigate the case.

Officers have urged anyone with information or footage relating to the incident to call the police on 101 quoting reference 5857/02May.

Information can be sent anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.