A Dagenham head above the rest
A DAGENHAM schoolboy will be walking tall to raise money for Sports Relief as he takes on a three mile hike – on stilts. And as if that wasn t enough, kind-hearted Ashley Harris, 11, will do the walk along Embankment in central London while juggling. A pu
A DAGENHAM schoolboy will be walking tall to raise money for Sports Relief as he takes on a three mile hike - on stilts.
And as if that wasn't enough, kind-hearted Ashley Harris, 11, will do the walk along Embankment in central London while juggling.
A pupil of The Chafford School in Rainham, Ashley has already raised �860.27 to aid Sports Relief, a charity which helps poor, vulnerable people in Britain and other countries around the world.
He has been learning to walk on stilts and juggle at the Century Youth House in Albert Road, Romford, and decided to use his talent to help a worthy cause.
You may also want to watch:
Ashley, of Second Avenue, Dagenham, has already smashed his goal of raising �100 but you can still help him raise more.
His proud dad Lee Harris said: "The whole family thinks Ashley is doing a really fantastic thing. And it is a very original idea too.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
"I doubt there will be many other people doing the walk on stilts while juggling, if any at all.
"We couldn't be prouder of him."
The walk for Sport Relief will take place on Sunday March 21 when hundreds of Londoners will take on the challenge in their own wacky way.
Donate by visiting www.sportrelief.com and searching under Ashley Harris.