A Jordan in Dublin writes
We are all familiar with the words location, location, location when it comes to property buying and selling. When the draw from hell was made, the words security, security, security was the appropriate description. In that regard, the police presumably
We are all familiar with the words location, location, location when it comes to property buying and selling.
When the draw from hell was made, the words security, security, security was the appropriate description.
In that regard, the police presumably took control of the fixture in terms of ticket allocation, kick off time, policing in and outside the ground.
If that was the case then I'm afraid they came up short on all fronts.
It doesn't absolve the nutters who disgraced themselves in and outside the ground and hopefully they are never seen in a football ground again.
The game should never have taken place at night and if we have the misfortune of a repeat draw in future competitions, 11am day time kick off and no away fans should be the basic pre-requisite.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
If a replay is needed, then the same arrangements should apply even if it means postponing a league fixture.
If they ever meet in Wembley, then God help us all.