A right old carry-on
EDDIE Manchip owns a somewhat ailing health club in a decaying country mansion. When Eddie signs away the deeds of the house to a sinister crook, in payment of his gambling debts, chaos ensues. Soon, his staff desert, leaving only a half-witted, hysteri
EDDIE Manchip owns a somewhat ailing health club in a decaying country mansion.
When Eddie signs away the deeds of the house to a sinister crook, in payment of his gambling debts, chaos ensues.
Soon, his staff desert, leaving only a half-witted, hysterical maid to keep company with his erring and pompous brother and suspicious wife, a tennis player with a habit of removing her clothes, thinking it is a nudist colony, her kilted Scottish husband and a hearty Oxfam volunteer, who simply "collects" any clothing left unguarded.
Who Goes Bare? is a Carry On-style farce written by Richard Harris - who has contributed episodes of hit TV shows The Avengers, The Saint and The Sweeney - and Leslie Darbon, who wrote for Shoestring and Bergerac among others.
You may also want to watch:
It stars Damian Williams and comes to the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford, tomorrow (Thurs) for three evening performances, plus a 3pm Saturday matinee.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory