A wonderful weekend for John
NEWHAM BC s bright junior John Coyle came through a hectic weekend with two impressive wins and the London junior title at York Hall. His Saturday test was provided by north London rival John Foley (Finchley BC) in their class four semi-final duel, which
NEWHAM BC's bright junior John Coyle came through a hectic weekend with two impressive wins and the London junior title at York Hall.
His Saturday test was provided by north London rival John Foley (Finchley BC) in their class four semi-final duel, which the Newham boxer took with a good points win.
Alex McKay from Eltham opposed Coyle in the final a day later and could not stop the Newham boxer's bright run, as Coyle clinched the title in style.
Also joining the London title success for Newham, was Liam Desmond, who punched out a revenge win over class four 50kg rival Harry Disson (Dale Youth) to take the title.
You may also want to watch:
Newham class four 57kg entry George Moughton continued his winning form on the junior title trail to outpoint Ali Osman (Nemesis).
Casey O'Riordan (Newham) also clinched a London title with a points win over John Steward (Samuel Montague) in a class four 60kg duel.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
George Veness continued his title campaign in style on Sunday when he faced class five opponent Alex McKay (Eltham) and came through a good points winner, to move forward into the national pre-quarter-final tournament.