ABSOLUTELY Fabulous star Joanna Lumley will become the patron of an award winning Dagenham charity. The actress offered her support to The Osborne Partnership, in Osborne Square, after learning of the tireless work the group does to provide employment and
ABSOLUTELY Fabulous star Joanna Lumley will become the patron of an award winning Dagenham charity.
The actress offered her support to The Osborne Partnership, in Osborne Square, after learning of the tireless work the group does to provide employment and training to adults with disabilities.
The charity, which raises funds by selling recycled clothes, say they are delighted to have such a well known celebrity endorse their organisation.
Project Manager Ian Wall contacted Miss Lumley after watching her on the BBC's One Show.
He said: "I saw her talking about her passion for recycling and thought it would be great if Joanna could help raise the profile of the charity and its work within recycling and accredited training for adults with disabilities in Barking and Dagenham."
Miss Lumley, famous for her Ab Fab character Patsy, said: "I am so impressed by the important and effective work the Osborne Partnership undertake and I'm very proud to become their patron."
- 1 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
For more information on the Osborne Partnership call 0208 592 5742.