ABSOLUTELY Fabulous star Joanna Lumley will become the patron of an award winning Dagenham charity. The actress offered her support to The Osborne Partnership, in Osborne Square, after learning of the tireless work the group does to provide employment and
ABSOLUTELY Fabulous star Joanna Lumley will become the patron of an award winning Dagenham charity.
The actress offered her support to The Osborne Partnership, in Osborne Square, after learning of the tireless work the group does to provide employment and training to adults with disabilities.
The charity, which raises funds by selling recycled clothes, say they are delighted to have such a well known celebrity endorse their organisation.
Project Manager Ian Wall contacted Miss Lumley after watching her on the BBC's One Show.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I saw her talking about her passion for recycling and thought it would be great if Joanna could help raise the profile of the charity and its work within recycling and accredited training for adults with disabilities in Barking and Dagenham."
Miss Lumley, famous for her Ab Fab character Patsy, said: "I am so impressed by the important and effective work the Osborne Partnership undertake and I'm very proud to become their patron."
- 1 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
For more information on the Osborne Partnership call 0208 592 5742.