ABSOLUTELY Fabulous star Joanna Lumley will become the patron of an award winning Dagenham charity. The actress offered her support to The Osborne Partnership, in Osborne Square, after learning of the tireless work the group does to provide employment and
ABSOLUTELY Fabulous star Joanna Lumley will become the patron of an award winning Dagenham charity.
The actress offered her support to The Osborne Partnership, in Osborne Square, after learning of the tireless work the group does to provide employment and training to adults with disabilities.
The charity, which raises funds by selling recycled clothes, say they are delighted to have such a well known celebrity endorse their organisation.
Project Manager Ian Wall contacted Miss Lumley after watching her on the BBC's One Show.
He said: "I saw her talking about her passion for recycling and thought it would be great if Joanna could help raise the profile of the charity and its work within recycling and accredited training for adults with disabilities in Barking and Dagenham."
Miss Lumley, famous for her Ab Fab character Patsy, said: "I am so impressed by the important and effective work the Osborne Partnership undertake and I'm very proud to become their patron."
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 7 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
For more information on the Osborne Partnership call 0208 592 5742.