ABSOLUTELY Fabulous star Joanna Lumley will become the patron of an award winning Dagenham charity. The actress offered her support to The Osborne Partnership, in Osborne Square, after learning of the tireless work the group does to provide employment and
ABSOLUTELY Fabulous star Joanna Lumley will become the patron of an award winning Dagenham charity.
The actress offered her support to The Osborne Partnership, in Osborne Square, after learning of the tireless work the group does to provide employment and training to adults with disabilities.
The charity, which raises funds by selling recycled clothes, say they are delighted to have such a well known celebrity endorse their organisation.
Project Manager Ian Wall contacted Miss Lumley after watching her on the BBC's One Show.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I saw her talking about her passion for recycling and thought it would be great if Joanna could help raise the profile of the charity and its work within recycling and accredited training for adults with disabilities in Barking and Dagenham."
Miss Lumley, famous for her Ab Fab character Patsy, said: "I am so impressed by the important and effective work the Osborne Partnership undertake and I'm very proud to become their patron."
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 7 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
For more information on the Osborne Partnership call 0208 592 5742.