Adam blow for the O’s
ORIENT midfielder star Adam Chambers, who has been struggling with a calf injury, looks set to miss the start of the season. Chambers has not featured in the club s pre-season programme and boss Geraint Williams admitted on Tuesday: His calf injury is a
ORIENT midfielder star Adam Chambers, who has been struggling with a calf injury, looks set to miss the start of the season.
Chambers has not featured in the club's pre-season programme and boss Geraint Williams admitted on Tuesday: "His calf injury is a stubborn one.
"It troubled him towards the end of last season and the prognosis was that rest would cure the problem.
"But he has felt it again in pre-season, so it's important that we get to the real cause of the problem and get him pain free.
You may also want to watch:
"He has started some new treatment and is a naturally fit person and a real professional who works hard on the training ground.
"But he has missed a lot of the pre-season and the game against Bristol Rovers is probably going to come a little too early, because he is going to need a mini pre-season.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
"He is desperate to get back. When I first arrived he had the problem, but played with it, but it's important to sort it out.