Adam blow for the O’s
ORIENT midfielder star Adam Chambers, who has been struggling with a calf injury, looks set to miss the start of the season. Chambers has not featured in the club s pre-season programme and boss Geraint Williams admitted on Tuesday: His calf injury is a
ORIENT midfielder star Adam Chambers, who has been struggling with a calf injury, looks set to miss the start of the season.
Chambers has not featured in the club's pre-season programme and boss Geraint Williams admitted on Tuesday: "His calf injury is a stubborn one.
"It troubled him towards the end of last season and the prognosis was that rest would cure the problem.
"But he has felt it again in pre-season, so it's important that we get to the real cause of the problem and get him pain free.
You may also want to watch:
"He has started some new treatment and is a naturally fit person and a real professional who works hard on the training ground.
"But he has missed a lot of the pre-season and the game against Bristol Rovers is probably going to come a little too early, because he is going to need a mini pre-season.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
"He is desperate to get back. When I first arrived he had the problem, but played with it, but it's important to sort it out.