Adams wins in Ukraine
GLOBETROTTING Newham trainer Johnny Eames returned home from Ukraine at the weekend where his Iraqi heavyweight, Ali Adams, scored his latest success. The 28-year-old Baghdad-born Adams, trained by Eames at Canning Town s Ultrachem TKO gymnasium, was a po
GLOBETROTTING Newham trainer Johnny Eames returned home from Ukraine at the weekend where his Iraqi heavyweight, Ali Adams, scored his latest success.
The 28-year-old Baghdad-born Adams, trained by Eames at Canning Town's Ultrachem TKO gymnasium, was a points winner over local rival Vyacheslav Sherbakov at the promotion staged at the Sportpalace, Odessa.
He boxed his way to a comfortable points win over the Ukrainian boxer and looked like scoring an inside the distance win, when he landed a barrage of blows that dropped his rival in the second round.
However, Sherbakov weathered the storm to last the distance, but lost a points verdict.
You may also want to watch:
"Ali should have stopped him - but he just lacks the 'killer instinct'," said Eames, who admitted that he angrily slapped his fighter in between rounds - and one commentator insisted that was the best punch thrown in the fight!
The busy trainer makes the shorter trip to Surrey on Saturday, where his light-middleweight Pat McAleese, appears on the show at the Merstham Football Club, Redhill.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
Improving McAleese, who has chalked up six straight wins as a TKO gym boxer appears on the undercard of the show that features a 10-round clash between featherweights Ibrar Riyaz and Ben Jones for the International Masters title.
MEANWHILE, Dwayne Lewis, the middleweight prospect, was forced to withdraw from his scheduled undercard contest on the Hennessy Sports promotion at York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday night ,after suffering an injury in training.