Aladdin at Theatre Royal
ALADDIN, the Theatre Royal Stratford East s pantomime, opens next week. It is the work of the same creative team that achieved the first ever Olivier Award nomination for a pantomime – Cinderella in 2007. Artistic director and director of the panto, Kerry
ALADDIN, the Theatre Royal Stratford East's pantomime, opens next week.
It is the work of the same creative team that achieved the first ever Olivier Award nomination for a pantomime - Cinderella in 2007.
Artistic director and director of the panto, Kerry Michael, said: "Building on the success of our 2007 nomination I am very excited that the same team is coming together again to create a new version of this classic pantomime. There will, as ever, be lots of new songs, real fun and adventure, as well a magical flying carpet courtesy of top illusionist Paul Kieve."
The cast includes Darren Kuppan in the title role and Michael Bertenshaw - who has appeared in numerous TV shows like EastEnders, Dr Who, Casualty, Murderland and was a priest in the film The Da Vinci Code - as Abanazar.
You may also want to watch:
Aladdin opens on November 28 and runs until January 16. Evening shows start at 6.30pm.
Tickets from the box office on 020 8534 0310.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years