All change for Maloney show
John McDermott s English heavyweight title defence against unbeaten Manchester giant, Tyson Fury, is now booked for the Brentwood International Centre on Friday, September 11. The eighteen-stone rivals were due to clash at the Crystal Palace Centre on tha
John McDermott's English heavyweight title defence against unbeaten Manchester giant, Tyson Fury, is now booked for the Brentwood International Centre on Friday, September 11.
The eighteen-stone rivals were due to clash at the Crystal Palace Centre on that night, but the entire Frank Maloney promotion has been switched to Brentwood, an easier-to-reach venue for the local fans who support McDermott and Fury's followers, who travel from the north.
Newham-trained McDermott is clearly the toughest test that the towering six-feet-eight-inches-tall Fury has faced in his pro campaign.
A British title fight pairs bantamweight rivals Ian Napa and Gary Davis, with east Londoner Napa out to regain his former crown against his Merseyside rival.
You may also want to watch:
The bill also features Peacock Gym-trained heavyweight Tom Dallas, who has shown plenty of pro promise, blasting his way to half a dozen straight victories.
The undercard also include Ashley Sexton and Andy Bell battling for the English flyweight title, plus Andrew Facey, Gary Woolcombe and Martin Power in supporting bouts.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham