All praise for Temple
JOE TEMPLE, the talented Newham BC prospect, took the best boxer of the night award on his club s show at the East Ham WMC on Friday night. Temple showed improved form to outpoint Connor Ireson, one of a group of boxers visiting from Leicester s Earl Shi
JOE TEMPLE, the talented Newham BC prospect, took the best boxer of the night award on his club's show at the East Ham WMC on Friday night.
Temple showed improved form to outpoint Connor Ireson, one of a group of boxers visiting from Leicester's Earl Shilton BC, at the tournament.
Another Newham prospect turning back the challenge of a visitor from the Leicester club, was Viddal Riley, who outpointed Brian Perkins.
Riley found the gaps in his rival's defences, and his accurate attacks brought him his fourth straight win, earning the decision.
You may also want to watch:
Jack England was also in winning form for Newham, when he recorded a points win over Al Chaima (Finchley).
After sharing the honours in his previous two bouts with Sam Iqbal (Northolt), Newham's Jake Henderson pulled 2-1 ahead in the series with a well-earned points win on his own club show.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Pictures: We Are FSTVL over the years
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
There was a points' defeat for Hammers senior Joe Frost in his clash with Oliver Patterson (Finchley).
A local derby duel saw West Ham's Pat Reilly finish ahead, taking the points' verdict against Newham rival Surk Gezel.