All praise for Temple
JOE TEMPLE, the talented Newham BC prospect, took the best boxer of the night award on his club s show at the East Ham WMC on Friday night. Temple showed improved form to outpoint Connor Ireson, one of a group of boxers visiting from Leicester s Earl Shi
JOE TEMPLE, the talented Newham BC prospect, took the best boxer of the night award on his club's show at the East Ham WMC on Friday night.
Temple showed improved form to outpoint Connor Ireson, one of a group of boxers visiting from Leicester's Earl Shilton BC, at the tournament.
Another Newham prospect turning back the challenge of a visitor from the Leicester club, was Viddal Riley, who outpointed Brian Perkins.
Riley found the gaps in his rival's defences, and his accurate attacks brought him his fourth straight win, earning the decision.
Jack England was also in winning form for Newham, when he recorded a points win over Al Chaima (Finchley).
After sharing the honours in his previous two bouts with Sam Iqbal (Northolt), Newham's Jake Henderson pulled 2-1 ahead in the series with a well-earned points win on his own club show.
- 1 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 2 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 4 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 5 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 6 Barking BikeFest comes to town
- 7 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 9 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 10 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
There was a points' defeat for Hammers senior Joe Frost in his clash with Oliver Patterson (Finchley).
A local derby duel saw West Ham's Pat Reilly finish ahead, taking the points' verdict against Newham rival Surk Gezel.