All praise for Temple
JOE TEMPLE, the talented Newham BC prospect, took the best boxer of the night award on his club s show at the East Ham WMC on Friday night. Temple showed improved form to outpoint Connor Ireson, one of a group of boxers visiting from Leicester s Earl Shi
JOE TEMPLE, the talented Newham BC prospect, took the best boxer of the night award on his club's show at the East Ham WMC on Friday night.
Temple showed improved form to outpoint Connor Ireson, one of a group of boxers visiting from Leicester's Earl Shilton BC, at the tournament.
Another Newham prospect turning back the challenge of a visitor from the Leicester club, was Viddal Riley, who outpointed Brian Perkins.
Riley found the gaps in his rival's defences, and his accurate attacks brought him his fourth straight win, earning the decision.
You may also want to watch:
Jack England was also in winning form for Newham, when he recorded a points win over Al Chaima (Finchley).
After sharing the honours in his previous two bouts with Sam Iqbal (Northolt), Newham's Jake Henderson pulled 2-1 ahead in the series with a well-earned points win on his own club show.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
There was a points' defeat for Hammers senior Joe Frost in his clash with Oliver Patterson (Finchley).
A local derby duel saw West Ham's Pat Reilly finish ahead, taking the points' verdict against Newham rival Surk Gezel.