APSA bounce back in style to fell Tiptree
ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE Tiptree United 1 London APSA 3 LONDON APSA manager John Higley praised his players after they put behind them the disappointment of defeat at Bethnal Green with an impressive win over Tiptree United on Saturday. Last Wednesday APSA wer
ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE
Tiptree United 1 London APSA 3
LONDON APSA manager John Higley praised his players after they put behind them the disappointment of defeat at Bethnal Green with an impressive win over Tiptree United on Saturday.
Last Wednesday APSA were beaten 2-1 by Justin Gardner's men, but they bounced back on Saturday to overcome the Jam Makers.
You may also want to watch:
"I was really disappointed for the lads on Wednesday night, as we really deserved something from the Bethnal Green game," said Higley.
"They could have felt sorry for themselves after putting in so much effort, but they didn't and we got our reward today. The lads were sensational."
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
After their midweek defeat at the Mile End Stadium, APSA started the weekend's Essex Senior League contest with weary legs.
Once they shifted into gear, the breakthrough finally came before half time.
A long throw from Isaac Aubynn fell to Stuart Houghton, whose shot squirmed under the goalkeeper and into the net.
The hosts came out in the second half and equalised immediately, but APSA continued to dominate and Mohammed Dakri made it 2-1, before notching his second late on.
APSA: Brown, Mpalampa, McCallagh, Hussain, Jn Langton, Houghton, Dixon, Jm Langton, Dakri. Haleem, Aubynn. Subs: Shah, Ellis, Akpele, Gabor.