Aqeel sets sights on the Olympics
A RISING boxing star from Newham has aspirations of capturing Olympic gold in 2012. Aqeel Ahmed, a 14-year-old youngster from Beckton, has started paving his way to enter the 2012 Olympics. Aqeel attends Kingsford Secondary school and is well known for h
A RISING boxing star from Newham has aspirations of capturing Olympic gold in 2012.
Aqeel Ahmed, a 14-year-old youngster from Beckton, has started paving his way to enter the 2012 Olympics.
Aqeel attends Kingsford Secondary school and is well known for his sporting accomplishments. He trains at the local Ultrachem TKO gym in Canning Town and boxes under the banner of Fulham Brunswick ABC.
Recently, Aqeel was selected to take part in a boxing tour to San Francisco, USA, which was organised by well-known ex-boxer, Glen McRory.
You may also want to watch:
He was one of seven youngsters hand- picked from the talent in England, to go across the pond and showcase their talents.
Aqeel said: "My inspiration is to become world champion and to win gold at the 2012 Olympics, in my home city London."
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
His record boasts three fights, three wins, most recently defeating a talented boxer from the West Ham Boxing Club.
Aqeel is being coached by Tony Cesay, a former ABA national champion and England international.
Cesay is keen to ensure that every opportunity is given to Aqeel and is fully supportive of Aqeel's goal, to represent the UK at the 2012 Olympics.
Cesay is the founder of Omnibus Kids Gloves boxing project to train other up and coming stars.