Arber caps magnificent Daggers comeback
Mark Arber scored a last-minute penalty as Daggers came from 2-0 behind to draw at Macclesfield
COCA-COLA LEAGUE TWO
Macclesfield 2 Daggers 2
by MIKE SIMMONDS
A LAST-MINUTE penalty from skipper Mark Arber saw Daggers save a valuable point in their League Two clash at Macclesfield today.
With seconds left, the visitors won a penalty after Jon Nurse’s shot was handled in the box and captain Arber slammed home the spotkick.
The skipper could have won it too, as his header from a Danny Green cross cannoned off the post, but victory would have been extremely harsh on the home side as they hit the post FOUR times in the match.
- 1 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 2 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Barking and Dagenham's figures compare to last year
- 7 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 8 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 9 Man arrested, two taken to hospital after Dagenham crash
- 10 Mandatory jabs could deal 'big hit' to east London NHS staffing, says health boss
Daggers were down to 10 men after just 10 minutes when Abu Ogogo was shown red after his challenge with Hamaza Bencherif.
Macclesfield then they won a penalty when Stuart Thurgood clashed with Matthew Tipton on 30 minutes and Tipton converted the resulting spotkick.
The hosts dominated the remainder of the half as Reniel Sappleton and Colin Daniel both hit the post.
After the break, Sappleton and Emile Sinclair also struck the woodwork, but Sappleton finally gave Macclesfield breathing space, when he raced clear to round Tony Roberts and tap home on 66 minutes.
With time running out, Wes Thomas pulled a goal back on 79 minutes, combining well with Paul Benson in the area before scoring and Tipton then saw red for twice kicking the ball away.
Arber then struck in injury time as Daggers came away from a windy Moss Rose with a draw that hadn't looked on the cards at one point.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Roberts, Ogogo, Doe (Bingham 90), Arber, Antwi, Green, Gain, Thurgood, Nurse, Benson, Thomas (Scott 86).
Subs not used: Demetriou, Montgomery, Tejan-Sie, Lewington, Dean.