Arber sends Daggers top of the table
Daggers move to the top of the table after beating Accrington Stanley
COCA-COLA LEAGUE TWO
Accrington Stanley 0 Dagenham & Redbridge 1
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE moved to the top of League Two this afternoon after a 1-0 victory over Accrington Stanley.
You may also want to watch:
With both Bournemouth and Rochdale failing to win, Daggers took over the top spot thanks to Mark Arber's 39th minute strike.
The captain rose highest to head home Danny Green's cross for the first goal have managed at Accrington since December 2004.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 8 Girl, 15, missing from Dagenham for ten days
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
Both sides had chances in the first half as Paul Benson hit the post, while Stanley also struck the woodwork.
Both Benson and Scott Doe were shown yellow cards for the visitors, but they managed to hold on for an excellent three points.
Earlier, John Still named all three of his loan signings in the side, with Adam Miller, Nana Ofori-Twumasi and Matt Lockwood starting, while Jon Nurse partnered Benson upfront and Doe came in for Will Antwi in defence.
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Nana Ofori-Twumasi, Matt Lockwood, Scott Doe, Mark Arber, Danny Green, Stuart Thurgood, Adam Miller (Wes Thomas 69), Peter Gain, Jon Nurse, Paul Benson.
Subs: Chris Lewington, Tommy Tejan-Sie, Steven Demetriou, Graeme Montgomery, Billy Bingham, Harlee Dean.
If you would like to comment on this story, email: email@example.com
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.