Welcome to our new website
- Credit: Archant
This year has been a momentous and turbulent year for every member of our community and the coronavirus pandemic has made reliable, up-to-date and balanced local news more vital than ever.
With more and more people relying on online news sources for the latest information, we want your experience of our website to be as fast, intuitive, and seamless as possible.
That’s why we have relaunched a new, mobile-friendly site that's easy to navigate and quick to load.
Our future plans also include a feature that will allow our readers to share their community news more easily and directly as we continue to be an important touchstone for the people of east London.
Editor Lindsay Jones said: "Over the past few years our websites have become the go to place for people looking for breaking news in the region and they are attracting a bigger audience than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
"For some time, therefore, we have been keen to give readers a better experience and I'm delighted we have been able to relaunch our websites today.”
We hope you like the new look.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 10 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'