WORKERS at an armoured transport security firm risk their lives when they embark on a heist against their own company. Armed with a seemingly fool-proof plan, they aim to make off with a fortune without harming anyone. But when an unexpected witness inte
WORKERS at an armoured transport security firm risk their lives when they embark on a heist against their own company.
Armed with a seemingly fool-proof plan, they aim to make off with a fortune without harming anyone.
But when an unexpected witness interferes, the plan quickly unravels and all bets are off.
Matt Dillion, Laurence Fisburne, Jeno Reno and Skeet Ulrich star in ARMORED (12A).
You may also want to watch:
Even before he began writing it, screenwriter James V Simpson knew he wanted to create an unconventional thriller, a movie that packed plenty of action and suspense but avoided one traditional plot element - bad guys.
He says: "Armored is about ordinary, flawed people who are basically good. These guys are in difficult situations and make bad choices. Then they have to deal with the consequences."
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Each of the characters has a different reason for taking part in the heist.
Ty Hackett (Columbus Short) is a young man unprepared for the challenges of caring for his brother and keep their modest home together.
Short says: "This is a very smart movie and I fought to get the part. It juxtaposes drama and action in a believable way.
"There are plenty of rock 'em, sock 'em, blow 'em up moments, as well as emotionally intense scenes. And nobody's really seen the life of these armoured truck drivers before.