Dagenham man arrested after woman seriously injured in crash between lorry and cyclist
- Credit: Archant
A man from Dagenham has been arrested after a collision between a lorry and a cyclist.
Essex Police say the lorry failed to stop at the scene of the crash on the A127 in Basildon, near the Fortune of War roundabout, around 6am today (Monday, November 9).
The cyclist, a 58-year-old woman, was taken to hospital with serious injuries, including fractures to her ribs, pelvis and arm.
The lorry was stopped by police in Nestuda Way, Southend.
The 60-year-old driver was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and failing to stop after an accident.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry and cyclist collided while travelling in the same direction on the Southend-bound carriageway.
Road users who saw the crash, or were in the area at the time and have dash cam footage, are asked to contact Chigwell roads policing unit on 101, quoting incident 71 of today’s date. Visit essex.police.uk to report online.
- 1 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 2 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Woman seeks long lost relatives who may be in Dagenham
- 5 £975 fine after man caught on CCTV getting out of car to wee on street
- 6 Care worker contests fine after 'cloned plates' car caught in bus lane
- 7 Council failed to investigate woman's concern of 'cancer cluster'
- 8 Tributes to 'deeply spiritual' Barking priest following death from cancer
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced to life for 'brutal' knife attack murder
- 10 Only eight Covid patients 'critical' at Queen's and King George hospitals