Arrogance is Thames ward, Barking
THE letter from Thames View Resident last week exposes a disturbing phenomenon in local politics. Having deselected two long standing democratically elected councillors, Fred Barnes and Joan Rawlinson, our local Labour Party then adds insult to injury b
THE letter from 'Thames View Resident' last week exposes a disturbing phenomenon in local politics.
Having deselected two long standing democratically elected councillors, Fred Barnes and Joan Rawlinson, our local Labour Party then adds insult to injury by urging residents to by-pass these sitting councillors and, instead, to contact their replacements.
In what can only be described as a piece of breath taking arrogance the party is requesting residents to treat these candidates as though they are already elected
No party should be foolish enough to give the impression that it is taking the electorate for granted, and, if letters to Postbag are used as a guide, the outcome of an election on Thames View is far from being a certainty.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years