Arrogance is Thames ward, Barking
THE letter from Thames View Resident last week exposes a disturbing phenomenon in local politics. Having deselected two long standing democratically elected councillors, Fred Barnes and Joan Rawlinson, our local Labour Party then adds insult to injury b
THE letter from 'Thames View Resident' last week exposes a disturbing phenomenon in local politics.
Having deselected two long standing democratically elected councillors, Fred Barnes and Joan Rawlinson, our local Labour Party then adds insult to injury by urging residents to by-pass these sitting councillors and, instead, to contact their replacements.
In what can only be described as a piece of breath taking arrogance the party is requesting residents to treat these candidates as though they are already elected
No party should be foolish enough to give the impression that it is taking the electorate for granted, and, if letters to Postbag are used as a guide, the outcome of an election on Thames View is far from being a certainty.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 4 London among areas where drought is declared
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 10 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses