Arson attack on family's car
POLICE are investigating an arson attack after a family s car exploded outside their Dagenham home. The black 4x4 burst into flames in the early hours of Tuesday last week and neighbours reported hearing a loud bang like a gunshot . Families in Canberra
POLICE are investigating an arson attack after a family's car exploded outside their Dagenham home.
The black 4x4 burst into flames in the early hours of Tuesday last week and neighbours reported hearing a loud bang "like a gunshot".
Families in Canberra Crescent were woken at 1.30am when the car caught light, fire fighters and police arrived soon after.
One resident, who did not want to be named, said: "I heard a bit of commotion outside and then something that sounded like a gunshot.
You may also want to watch:
"It might have been someone smashing the windscreen.
"Then this thick column of smoke started billowing up into the air."
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
The family who own the car have lived in Canberra Crescent for several years, according to neighbours, and get along well with everybody.
"I can't see them having any enemies," said one resident.
"They are a nice family, they go to church and their kids play with other kids from the area."
A police spokeswoman said Barking & Dagenham police are investigating the matter as arson.