Arson attack on family's car
POLICE are investigating an arson attack after a family s car exploded outside their Dagenham home. The black 4x4 burst into flames in the early hours of Tuesday last week and neighbours reported hearing a loud bang like a gunshot . Families in Canberra
POLICE are investigating an arson attack after a family's car exploded outside their Dagenham home.
The black 4x4 burst into flames in the early hours of Tuesday last week and neighbours reported hearing a loud bang "like a gunshot".
Families in Canberra Crescent were woken at 1.30am when the car caught light, fire fighters and police arrived soon after.
One resident, who did not want to be named, said: "I heard a bit of commotion outside and then something that sounded like a gunshot.
"It might have been someone smashing the windscreen.
"Then this thick column of smoke started billowing up into the air."
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
The family who own the car have lived in Canberra Crescent for several years, according to neighbours, and get along well with everybody.
"I can't see them having any enemies," said one resident.
"They are a nice family, they go to church and their kids play with other kids from the area."
A police spokeswoman said Barking & Dagenham police are investigating the matter as arson.