Asda snatch just a myth
THE POST received reports last week that a child was snatched from its mother while she was out shopping at Asda in Merrielands Crescent, Dagenham. Residents also stated the child had its head shaved by the abductor in the toilets. Police would like to ma
THE POST received reports last week that a child was snatched from its mother while she was out shopping at Asda in Merrielands Crescent, Dagenham.
Residents also stated the child had its head shaved by the abductor in the toilets.
Police would like to make it clear no such crime took place and that it is a rumour.
DCI Ellie O'Connor said: "I can confirm that this incident did not happen. No child was reported missing, and no child had its head shaved at the store.
You may also want to watch:
"Had such an incident occurred, police and our partners would have reacted immediately and dealt with it robustly.
"False rumour such as this heightens anxiety in the community and causes young people in particular to feel vulnerable.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
"If you hear anyone repeating this rumour, please tell them it is untrue.