Back down to earth as Athletic grab win
Charlton Athletic 2 West Ham United 1 BUDDING Academy star Robert Hall grabbed his third goal in just two games, but it was not enough to prevent the under-18s from slipping to a 2-1 defeat against Charlton on Saturday. After the euphoria of last week s v
Charlton Athletic 2 West Ham United 1
BUDDING Academy star Robert Hall grabbed his third goal in just two games, but it was not enough to prevent the under-18s from slipping to a 2-1 defeat against Charlton on Saturday.
After the euphoria of last week's victory over Chelsea, West Ham went into this match with confidence, but after a goalless first half, it was the home side who snatched the lead midway through the second.
Hall then grabbed an equaliser, and West Ham could have got themselves in front as Jack Werndly had two good chances to score.
You may also want to watch:
It was not to be though and with 10 minutes left, Charlton secured the points with a winner.
Academy director Tony Carr said: "We conceded two poor goals and missed two good chances.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 10 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
"It's a game we shouldn't have lost, but if you don't do the basics right you lose the game."
West Ham: Loveday, Barrett (Modelski 70), Smith, Craig, Brown, Lampe, Moncur (Okus 80), Wearen, Abdulla (Werndly 70), Hall, Montano.
MEANWHILE, a date has been confirmed for West Ham's FA Youth Cup third round clash at Plymouth Argyle. The game will take place at Home Park on Wednesday, December 9, with a 7pm kick-off.