Back to the 80's for fun loads...
WE go back nearly 30 years for today s Days of the Old School Yard memory. It was when a party dish was a real treat at one school in Newham. There always seemed to be something cooking back in early 1980 at Portway School in Stratford. All the ingredient
WE go back nearly 30 years for today's Days of the Old School Yard memory.
It was when a party dish was a real treat at one school in Newham.
There always seemed to be something cooking back in early 1980 at Portway School in Stratford.
All the ingredients were there for a feast of fun, as school secretary Valerie Mead found out.
You may also want to watch:
She donned kitchen clobber for the school's then 25th anniversary party.
More than 300 pupils and staff turned up in fancy dress...then helped themselves to lashings of ice cream and jelly.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
The party saw each youngster giving commemorative pen to mark the silver jubilee.
Headmaster back then Tom Jamieson said that everyone had a great time and it was a great tradition.