Back to the 80's for fun loads...
WE go back nearly 30 years for today s Days of the Old School Yard memory. It was when a party dish was a real treat at one school in Newham. There always seemed to be something cooking back in early 1980 at Portway School in Stratford. All the ingredient
WE go back nearly 30 years for today's Days of the Old School Yard memory.
It was when a party dish was a real treat at one school in Newham.
There always seemed to be something cooking back in early 1980 at Portway School in Stratford.
All the ingredients were there for a feast of fun, as school secretary Valerie Mead found out.
She donned kitchen clobber for the school's then 25th anniversary party.
More than 300 pupils and staff turned up in fancy dress...then helped themselves to lashings of ice cream and jelly.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 Two arrested after man 'seriously assaulted' in row over parking
- 3 Dispersal order authorised near Barking Park due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 7 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 8 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
The party saw each youngster giving commemorative pen to mark the silver jubilee.
Headmaster back then Tom Jamieson said that everyone had a great time and it was a great tradition.