Back to the 80's for fun loads...
WE go back nearly 30 years for today s Days of the Old School Yard memory. It was when a party dish was a real treat at one school in Newham. There always seemed to be something cooking back in early 1980 at Portway School in Stratford. All the ingredient
WE go back nearly 30 years for today's Days of the Old School Yard memory.
It was when a party dish was a real treat at one school in Newham.
There always seemed to be something cooking back in early 1980 at Portway School in Stratford.
All the ingredients were there for a feast of fun, as school secretary Valerie Mead found out.
You may also want to watch:
She donned kitchen clobber for the school's then 25th anniversary party.
More than 300 pupils and staff turned up in fancy dress...then helped themselves to lashings of ice cream and jelly.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
The party saw each youngster giving commemorative pen to mark the silver jubilee.
Headmaster back then Tom Jamieson said that everyone had a great time and it was a great tradition.