Bags and bins system has left me confused
I AM a little confused now. In Postbag last week was a letter from the council explaining how the black and orange bags are separated after being put on the same cart, so it sounds like this is going to continue. But then on page 20 the council Executiv
I AM a little confused now.
In Postbag last week was a letter from the council explaining how the black and orange bags are separated after being put on the same cart, so it sounds like this is going to continue.
But then on page 20 the council Executive meeting was extolling the virtues of having wheelie bins, which apparently we are to get whether we want them or not, which will be paid for by the fact that they will no longer supply bags.
So are we now apparently to put the rubbish directly into the bin?
How will the recycling be separated then?
As a disabled person, how am I supposed to clean this bin? How do I move it to the edge of my property as directed by the council.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
The bin cannot stay on the edge of my property because I won't be able to get my car on or off.
I have paid a large amount of money to have my front garden paved and a dropped kerb put in. Where are the bins to go if they won't fit onto my front garden when my car is there?
I did hear that people without front gardens, will still get black bags.
I don't want these bins anyway, I l don't want to look out of my window at dustbins.
No doubt the council will say that there are things that can be done to help the disabled and elderly with these wheelie bins, but are the dustmen going to do it?
Name and address supplied