Saddle up! Youngsters take to two wheels for Bike to School week
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 pupils will be learning how to cycle as the delayed 2020 Bike to School week gets under way.
The national ride-to-school initiative, which was rescheduled from its usual spot in May due to Covid-19, will see cycle training delivered in 25 Barking and Dagenham schools.
Lessons will be carried out by Vandome Cycles, on behalf of Be First and Barking and Dagenham Council.
Be First’s Funmi Atolagbe said: “Bike to School week is a great way for children, parents and teachers to give travelling to and from school by bike a go.”
Sustrans is encouraging people to take up cycling in Becontree Heath.
You may also want to watch:
It is running learn to ride sessions in Valence Park every Friday until October 30.
For details visit greeningthefiddlers.org/upcoming-activities or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Five men from Barking charged after gun raids
- 2 Calls to remove Dagenham 5G mast after blaze
- 3 New freeport in Dagenham gets the green light from the chancellor
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 5 Stabbing in Barking leaves man fighting for his life
- 6 Police raid Barking addresses in operation to stop revenge gang attacks
- 7 Council tax is rising by five per cent in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 'Half of 5G phone mast' in Dagenham left damaged by late night fire
- 9 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 10 Future is bright for borough's youth