Barking and Dagenham Carnival to return this summer
- Credit: PA WIRE
People will be able to get into the carnival spirit in Barking again this summer.
Barking and Dagenham Carnival is taking place next month live and online from Town Square and Barking Learning Centre.
Organised by Ukon Careers, the event will run from 1pm until 6pm on Saturday, July 9.
It will feature performances from international carnival artists, community groups and street dancers.
There will also be steel pan, African drumming, Tamboo Bamboo, Samba and carnival craft-making workshops.
The carnival, which was initially began by Ukon as Barking Carnival in 2014, aims to raise awareness of carnival arts.
A Ukon spokesperson said: "This year’s carnival will be like no other - showcasing talent in Barking and Dagenham, nationally and internationally."
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 6 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 7 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
It is looking for volunteers and to enquire about this or find out more information about the carnival, contact Cleon Lord at firstname.lastname@example.org.