Idris Elba tells Barking and Dagenham College students they ‘bossed it’ in ‘tough’ year
- Credit: Maarten De Boer
Hollywood actor Idris Elba recorded a special message for youngsters on results day.
In the video Idris congratulates Barking and Dagenham College’s BTEC students on their achievements during the difficult times in lockdown.
The superstar studied performing arts at the college in the 1990s before going on to star in The Wire, Luther and a string of movies.
Idris was diagnosed with Covid-19 in Santa Fe, New Mexico while shooting his latest Netflix project, The Harder They Fall.
The 47-year-old said: “This whole year has been very tough and hard to deal with. However, you guys have bossed it, you’ve aced it, you’ve rolled with the punches, and during this difficult time, that’s commendable.”
You may also want to watch:
The star added that the college “is an amazing school” which gave Idris the first steps on his career.
“I definitely know it’s going to give you the same too,” the star said.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced