Roses were red: Will you give hedge trimmings collections on Valentine's Day?
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A subscription to get hedge trimmings collected has been recommended as a Valentine's Day gift.
People have until Sunday, February 14 to sign up to be eligible for all 19 scheduled collections for Barking and Dagenham Council’s scheme which collects garden waste including flowers, weeds, grass cuttings and leaves.
Cllr Syed Ghani, cabinet member for public realm, said: "With Valentine’s Day drawing near, it makes it easy for residents to remember the cut-off date to sign up for all 2021 collections.
"If your loved one enjoys gardening, why not celebrate this special day by gifting them a green garden waste subscription, which will be really useful for the rest of the year.
"We can all do our bit to minimise our impact on the environment, including recycling our garden waste with this service."
You may also want to watch:
More than 3,400 people have signed up since December 15 to the £40, fortnightly service. Subscribers receive collections between March and December.
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 8 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers