Roses were red: Will you give hedge trimmings collections on Valentine's Day?
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A subscription to get hedge trimmings collected has been recommended as a Valentine's Day gift.
People have until Sunday, February 14 to sign up to be eligible for all 19 scheduled collections for Barking and Dagenham Council’s scheme which collects garden waste including flowers, weeds, grass cuttings and leaves.
Cllr Syed Ghani, cabinet member for public realm, said: "With Valentine’s Day drawing near, it makes it easy for residents to remember the cut-off date to sign up for all 2021 collections.
"If your loved one enjoys gardening, why not celebrate this special day by gifting them a green garden waste subscription, which will be really useful for the rest of the year.
"We can all do our bit to minimise our impact on the environment, including recycling our garden waste with this service."
More than 3,400 people have signed up since December 15 to the £40, fortnightly service. Subscribers receive collections between March and December.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 3 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 4 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 10 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London