Tourists encouraged to explore Barking and Dagenham in new video highlighting borough attractions
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham has been showcased in a new video aimed at attracting London visitors to the borough.
The video is part of a six-part series commissioned by London City Airport for Londonist called Beyond Zone 1, which promotes the best of six boroughs nearby the airport.
It targets both Londoners as well as leisure passengers and international tourists using the airport to visit the capital, encouraging them to venture away from traditional central hotspots to explore east London.
In the video, Barking and Dagenham Council leader Darren Rodwell said: "Three words to sum up this amazing place have got to be its community, history and aspiration."
Barking Abbey ruins, arts hub The White House, Moby Adventure Golf, Eastbury Manor House, Barking Park, steakhouse Cristina's and Barking Riverside all feature.
You may also want to watch:
"My favourite thing about living in Barking and Dagenham is the people, and understanding where they come from, because we are the global town of the world," Cllr Rodwell said.
"We've got over 130 different cultures here, all bringing their own mixture to the chemistry of this borough."
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Stephen Port: Victims' inquests delayed until autumn by Covid
- 4 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
- 5 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 6 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 7 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 8 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 9 Dagenham fall to heavy defeat at Eastleigh
- 10 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children