Barking councillor 'independent' support
IT IS not only Maria Williams (Post letter February 25) who feels upset at the treatment accorded to Cllr Barns. When I have concerns, his reaction was prompt and thorough – arranging for a council official to contact me, and then checking to ensure that
IT IS not only Maria Williams (Post letter February 25) who feels upset at the treatment accorded to Cllr Barns.
When I have concerns, his reaction was prompt and thorough - arranging for a council official to contact me, and then checking to ensure that matters had been resolved.
His final words always being a reassurance never to hesitate to contact him if there were more worries in the future.
All this was possible because of his knowledge of the borough in general and his commitment to Thames Ward and its residents in particular. It was the sort of 'customer care' that commercial companies spend thousands of pounds trying to instil into their staff - but with him it is completely natural and genuine.
It is incredible to me that someone with such qualities and commitment to the residents of the borough should have been deselected by his party.
For him after so many years of service, it must have been very distressing. I am glad that he has taken to the bold step of standing as an Independent in the forthcoming elections and giving voters an opportunity to make their feelings clear.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
Miss T Beales
Craven Gardens, Barking