Litter tossed from car costs Barking man £1,350
- Credit: Archant
A Barking man has been ordered to pay more than £1,300 after two people were caught tossing litter from his car.
On October 18, 2019, Barking and Dagenham Council CCTV captured litter being dropped out of a Vauxhall Astra, which was later found to belong to Kwame Sarpong of Maybury Road, Barking.
Mr Sarpong was asked to provide the details of the people who committed the offence.
But he did not, even after being reminded, so was summonsed to court.
Mr Sarpong did not attend Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on March 9 and, in his absence, was ordered to pay £1,350 including a fine, costs and a victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “As Mr Sarpong was the owner of the vehicle, he had the responsibility to let us know who was littering, but as he failed to cooperate with us, he now has to stump up the cash."
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences