Litter tossed from car costs Barking man £1,350
- Credit: Archant
A Barking man has been ordered to pay more than £1,300 after two people were caught tossing litter from his car.
On October 18, 2019, Barking and Dagenham Council CCTV captured litter being dropped out of a Vauxhall Astra, which was later found to belong to Kwame Sarpong of Maybury Road, Barking.
Mr Sarpong was asked to provide the details of the people who committed the offence.
But he did not, even after being reminded, so was summonsed to court.
Mr Sarpong did not attend Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on March 9 and, in his absence, was ordered to pay £1,350 including a fine, costs and a victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “As Mr Sarpong was the owner of the vehicle, he had the responsibility to let us know who was littering, but as he failed to cooperate with us, he now has to stump up the cash."
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 6 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets