Barking's top models
FASHION Enter, a not-for-profit organisation that supports young designers, held a summer event at Vicarage Field shopping centre, Barking. The mall is home to the group s flagship store of the same name, where up-and-coming fashionistas can display and s
FASHION Enter, a not-for-profit organisation that supports young designers, held a summer event at Vicarage Field shopping centre, Barking.
The mall is home to the group's flagship store of the same name, where up-and-coming fashionistas can display and sell their work.
Summer Uni was a week of informative workshops and part of a Tower Hamlets Summer University mission for young people during the holidays.
It helped designers to make career choices as they learned about the fashion industry.
You may also want to watch:
Participant Elizabeth Folayan said: "The workshop was very informative and I'm so glad I came.
"I enjoyed lectures from people with experience in the industry, the modelling and the fashion, and beauty workshop.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
"I wish it was longer than a week, the time flew by"
Jenny Holloway, director of Fashion Enter, spoke about the challenges of setting up your own business and the rewards if it is a success.
Modelling agency Mahogany Models told how to forge a career on the catwalk and there was an exclusive seminar by Terry Betts, fashion buyer for Harvey Nichols.