Barking street cred
HOORAY, at last the council are going to do something right. They have got garden inspectors in the shape of street wardens. I agree, there are a lot of front gardens that need a good clear up and walls and fencing that need either repairing or repla
HOORAY, at last the council are going to do something right. They have got 'garden inspectors' in the shape of street wardens.
I agree, there are a lot of front gardens that need a good clear up and walls and fencing that need either repairing or replacing. It's true for years I thought it really does bring down the tone of the street.
Well done Barking and Dagenham council - lets have the back gardens also inspected!
Just to add: in the 1960-70's era we had in my parents road in Dagenham, council men inspecting how, hedges were cut, grass cut, rubbish disposed of, because everyone had front gardens.
It was also a condition of tenancy for council or private home owners to be checked. I think it was the late 70's the council disposed with this costly idea. But it did work!
Let's hope the council will hire more staff to cope with repeated visits. Well done!
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 4 London among areas where drought is declared
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 10 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
Ms L Bloomer
Broad Street, Dagenham