Barking street cred
HOORAY, at last the council are going to do something right. They have got garden inspectors in the shape of street wardens. I agree, there are a lot of front gardens that need a good clear up and walls and fencing that need either repairing or repla
HOORAY, at last the council are going to do something right. They have got 'garden inspectors' in the shape of street wardens.
I agree, there are a lot of front gardens that need a good clear up and walls and fencing that need either repairing or replacing. It's true for years I thought it really does bring down the tone of the street.
Well done Barking and Dagenham council - lets have the back gardens also inspected!
Just to add: in the 1960-70's era we had in my parents road in Dagenham, council men inspecting how, hedges were cut, grass cut, rubbish disposed of, because everyone had front gardens.
You may also want to watch:
It was also a condition of tenancy for council or private home owners to be checked. I think it was the late 70's the council disposed with this costly idea. But it did work!
Let's hope the council will hire more staff to cope with repeated visits. Well done!
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Ms L Bloomer
Broad Street, Dagenham