Barking town centre is awkward
BACK in the 1970 s when I was a teenager, I can remember the old Route Master buses going through Barking Town Centre, to all the destinations they still go to. I don t go into Barking very often, I prefer to shop and browse in larger shopping centres.
BACK in the 1970's when I was a teenager, I can remember the old Route Master buses going through Barking Town Centre, to all the destinations they still go to.
I don't go into Barking very often, I prefer to shop and browse in larger shopping centres.
So when I did take this rare trip on Saturday, I was surprised by the barriers fenced off what is to become tram lines/bus routes running from new estates by the river when built. It wasn't an original idea I thought!
But as a pedestrian I found it awkward to get round the area shopping on a busy day, so did people with prams, disability scooters and chairs who found it hard going through these narrow openings.
You may also want to watch:
I asked the question: Why put it there, why not at existing bus routes outside and around Barking Town Centre?
Come on pull your fingers out, get these jobs finished.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
MRS M LARKIN
Tallow Close, Dagenham