Barking town centre is awkward
BACK in the 1970 s when I was a teenager, I can remember the old Route Master buses going through Barking Town Centre, to all the destinations they still go to. I don t go into Barking very often, I prefer to shop and browse in larger shopping centres.
BACK in the 1970's when I was a teenager, I can remember the old Route Master buses going through Barking Town Centre, to all the destinations they still go to.
I don't go into Barking very often, I prefer to shop and browse in larger shopping centres.
So when I did take this rare trip on Saturday, I was surprised by the barriers fenced off what is to become tram lines/bus routes running from new estates by the river when built. It wasn't an original idea I thought!
But as a pedestrian I found it awkward to get round the area shopping on a busy day, so did people with prams, disability scooters and chairs who found it hard going through these narrow openings.
You may also want to watch:
I asked the question: Why put it there, why not at existing bus routes outside and around Barking Town Centre?
Come on pull your fingers out, get these jobs finished.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
MRS M LARKIN
Tallow Close, Dagenham