Barking woman wins car
A BARKING woman drove off in a brand new set of wheels after she won a raffle organised by St Francis Hospice. Brenda Benbrook, of Hurstbourne Gardens, won the Ford Fiesta, worth around �6,000, in the fund raiser organised by St Francis Hospice in Haveri
A BARKING woman drove off in a brand new set of wheels after she won a raffle organised by St Francis Hospice.
Brenda Benbrook, of Hurstbourne Gardens, won the Ford Fiesta, worth around �6,000, in the fund raiser organised by St Francis Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower.
The car was donated by Allen Ford in Brentwood.
Despite the credit crunch St Francis had a great response to the raffle and managed to raise an impressive �59,000 to put towards their vital work.
You may also want to watch:
Brenda said: "I'm absolutely delighted to hear that I won the car. I certainly never expected to, I just bought a ticket from my neighbour because I wanted to support my local hospice.
"Being a teacher in Havering I know how important it is to our local community.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home