Barking woman wins car
A BARKING woman drove off in a brand new set of wheels after she won a raffle organised by St Francis Hospice. Brenda Benbrook, of Hurstbourne Gardens, won the Ford Fiesta, worth around �6,000, in the fund raiser organised by St Francis Hospice in Haveri
A BARKING woman drove off in a brand new set of wheels after she won a raffle organised by St Francis Hospice.
Brenda Benbrook, of Hurstbourne Gardens, won the Ford Fiesta, worth around �6,000, in the fund raiser organised by St Francis Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower.
The car was donated by Allen Ford in Brentwood.
Despite the credit crunch St Francis had a great response to the raffle and managed to raise an impressive �59,000 to put towards their vital work.
You may also want to watch:
Brenda said: "I'm absolutely delighted to hear that I won the car. I certainly never expected to, I just bought a ticket from my neighbour because I wanted to support my local hospice.
"Being a teacher in Havering I know how important it is to our local community.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings