Lost Dagenham parrot found miles away in Romford
- Credit: Debbie Gifford Lynch
A parrot who went missing from Dagenham two days ago has been found in Romford.
Debbie Gifford Lynch, who lives in Dagenham East, appealed for help to find Barney in the Barking and Dagenham Post after he flew away on Sunday (July 4) as she took out the rubbish.
She was delighted to receive a Facebook message from a woman in her neighbouring borough of Havering, who had found her beloved pet.
Debbie explained: "She sent me a picture of the parrot she had found on her windowsill, and I knew straight away it was Barney.
"I went over to get him, and Barney immediately jumped straight on my shoulder.
"I'm so relieved, as I really never thought I'd see him again."
You may also want to watch:
The Dagenham woman put Barney into his carry case for the journey home, and said he stayed on her shoulder all evening.
"I'm so grateful to the kind lady who took him in," she added.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
"I'm going to go around there and give her a box of chocolates to thank her."
The two-year-old parrot enjoys wolf whistling and asking people "what you doing?".