Basi boys are a class above
IT WAS a busy show for Fairbairn ABC and members of the Basi clan at the Prince Regent Hotel, Chigwell recently, with home club boxers appearing in all 13 bouts on a successful programme. There was a sweet revenge win for Fairbairn s Aran Basi when he bea
IT WAS a busy show for Fairbairn ABC and members of the Basi clan at the Prince Regent Hotel, Chigwell recently, with home club boxers appearing in all 13 bouts on a successful programme.
There was a sweet revenge win for Fairbairn's Aran Basi when he beat Jay Goddard (Fulbourn BC).
Keeping busy and refusing to let his opponent settle, he took the verdict to avenge a previous defeat by the Fulbourn boxer.
Jacob Basi was a very close points winner against Liam Hunt of Chalvedon. The result could have gone either way, but he just stole the verdict on a split decision from the judges.
You may also want to watch:
Jakveer Basi impressed in his non-scoring skills bout with Steve Branch (Hoddesdon), and picked up the best prospect award at the end of the evening.
Kam Singh Basi boxed really well and after a close first round, he upped his pace and boxed really well to outpoint Jacob Miller from Chalvedon.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
The best boxer of the night award went to Bairn's Adam Patel, who knocked out Ossie Kirimli (Hornchurch) in the third round.
He ended the argument with a cracking combination after the pair punched out a close, hard-fought contest.
Also winning for Fairbairn, Nabiel Malik stopped Adheel Mughal (Kings BC), while Faruk Egat defeated Mike Gosling (Debden) using his long jab and right cross for a well-earned points decision.
Fairbairn's Antony McDonagh lost on points to Nick Johnson in a close contest.
But it was a night of mixed success for the Lawrence brothers - Christopher defeated Simon Doherty on points, and Michael was very unlucky to lose a close points decision to Max Hinson (Chalvedon), while Eddie lost the verdict to Nicolas Tipler (Chalvedon).