Be an Olympic star child
DO YOU know a child who was born on December 20 2004 and would like to star in the upcoming London Olympics? The Children s Promise scheme has pledged to give every child born in the UK on that date the chance to take part in a ceremony or event surroundi
DO YOU know a child who was born on December 20 2004 and would like to star in the upcoming London Olympics?
The Children's Promise scheme has pledged to give every child born in the UK on that date the chance to take part in a ceremony or event surrounding the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games.
Exactly what role the children will play hasn't been revealed yet as the events are still being planned.
More than 700 children have already signed up with the programme, but there's still room for more.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for registration is next Tuesday (March 31), so make sure you spread the word before it's too late.
December 20 was chosen as the date would read 20/12.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
Send the child's name, parent/carer name, address, telephone number, email address and a copy of their passport or birth certificate to: Children's Promise, 22nd Floor, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LN.
For more information call the borough's Olympic Ambition Team on (020) 8227 3034.