Be an Olympic star child
DO YOU know a child who was born on December 20 2004 and would like to star in the upcoming London Olympics? The Children s Promise scheme has pledged to give every child born in the UK on that date the chance to take part in a ceremony or event surroundi
DO YOU know a child who was born on December 20 2004 and would like to star in the upcoming London Olympics?
The Children's Promise scheme has pledged to give every child born in the UK on that date the chance to take part in a ceremony or event surrounding the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games.
Exactly what role the children will play hasn't been revealed yet as the events are still being planned.
More than 700 children have already signed up with the programme, but there's still room for more.
The deadline for registration is next Tuesday (March 31), so make sure you spread the word before it's too late.
December 20 was chosen as the date would read 20/12.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
Send the child's name, parent/carer name, address, telephone number, email address and a copy of their passport or birth certificate to: Children's Promise, 22nd Floor, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LN.
For more information call the borough's Olympic Ambition Team on (020) 8227 3034.