Be an Olympic star child
DO YOU know a child who was born on December 20 2004 and would like to star in the upcoming London Olympics? The Children s Promise scheme has pledged to give every child born in the UK on that date the chance to take part in a ceremony or event surroundi
DO YOU know a child who was born on December 20 2004 and would like to star in the upcoming London Olympics?
The Children's Promise scheme has pledged to give every child born in the UK on that date the chance to take part in a ceremony or event surrounding the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games.
Exactly what role the children will play hasn't been revealed yet as the events are still being planned.
More than 700 children have already signed up with the programme, but there's still room for more.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for registration is next Tuesday (March 31), so make sure you spread the word before it's too late.
December 20 was chosen as the date would read 20/12.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
Send the child's name, parent/carer name, address, telephone number, email address and a copy of their passport or birth certificate to: Children's Promise, 22nd Floor, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LN.
For more information call the borough's Olympic Ambition Team on (020) 8227 3034.