Beagles ready for the Worlds
NEWHAM & ESSEX BEAGLES star Christine Ohuruogu will lead the British team s hopes this weekend when the World Athletics Championships gets underway in Berlin. The 25-year-old reigning World and Olympic 400m champion has shaken off a slight hamstring injur
NEWHAM & ESSEX BEAGLES star Christine Ohuruogu will lead the British team's hopes this weekend when the World Athletics Championships gets underway in Berlin.
The 25-year-old reigning World and Olympic 400m champion has shaken off a slight hamstring injury and will start the defence of her title on Saturday with the first round heats.
Also on parade for the Beagles at the championships will be Mo Farah, who is looking for an improvement on his Olympic efforts in the 5,000m.
Steve Lewis will go in the pole vault, while Chris Tomlinson will look to continue his fine form in the long jump.
You may also want to watch:
Sprinter Tyrone Edgar goes in the 100m and the 4x100m relay, while the Beagles contingent is completed by sprint hurdler Gianni Frankis, competing at the World Championships for the first time.
But it is Ohuruogu who holds out the best chance of a Newham medal for Great Britain.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 6 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 7 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder