Beagles ready for the Worlds
NEWHAM & ESSEX BEAGLES star Christine Ohuruogu will lead the British team s hopes this weekend when the World Athletics Championships gets underway in Berlin. The 25-year-old reigning World and Olympic 400m champion has shaken off a slight hamstring injur
NEWHAM & ESSEX BEAGLES star Christine Ohuruogu will lead the British team's hopes this weekend when the World Athletics Championships gets underway in Berlin.
The 25-year-old reigning World and Olympic 400m champion has shaken off a slight hamstring injury and will start the defence of her title on Saturday with the first round heats.
Also on parade for the Beagles at the championships will be Mo Farah, who is looking for an improvement on his Olympic efforts in the 5,000m.
Steve Lewis will go in the pole vault, while Chris Tomlinson will look to continue his fine form in the long jump.
You may also want to watch:
Sprinter Tyrone Edgar goes in the 100m and the 4x100m relay, while the Beagles contingent is completed by sprint hurdler Gianni Frankis, competing at the World Championships for the first time.
But it is Ohuruogu who holds out the best chance of a Newham medal for Great Britain.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 Margaret Hodge: 'This government has made a bleak winter certain'
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines